Monday, January 23, 2012

Whole lotta painting, not much blogging.



It's been many years since I thought and talked about work during off hours, but  the completion date is looming and I am spending more time working, so it's only natural. These days the mural is always on my mind.

It's paying off, though. In the last couple of weeks I have made a lot of progress. The tree silhouettes and bark have been pretty much honed in (except for the oak tree...need to fix it), and the levels and placement of hills is done, though I still need to adjust the color some. Boulders are starting to replace barren hillsides, and I have figured out where most of the remaining critters are going to go. I have chosen more plants, and know where they are going to go. I feel good about where I am in the process, and am still thinking about adding things that are not on the list, so I'm doing OK.

The box turtle, possums, and skunk are done, but I can't find the photos I took for some reason so I will add those later.

I added two new critters, and finished the bobcat.

bobcat original sketch
finished bobcat with mountain laurel
Red-bellied woodpecker

Southern Flying squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment