Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The list keeps growing

Just when I think I'm really getting somewhere, I think of something that I need to add or change, and I'm back to square one! The turkey vultures had to come out because I needed another tree in the foreground, or I would not have a home for all the songbirds, which have to be up front because of their small size. I plan to add the TV back in, but perhaps use one TV instead of two, and put it more forward to show better detail of the head, which is really quite beautiful if you consider what it was designed to do. They do a nasty job but somebody's got to do it!
If we're talking about straight up numbers, I am slightly less than halfway with all the species (plants and animals) that need to be placed. The good news is that the large ones are in, and now it is time to start figuring out where the small ones will go. There is a lot of work to be done before I get to some of them. For example, I will be doing all the life stages of the dragonfly and the monarch butterfly. Those can't be done until I get the water done, and certain plants in place. Some of the smaller species may not get their home until the very last.
The pictures tell the best story, so here's what's new! Remember, these are just sketches.
Copperhead
White-breasted nuthatch

Barred owl
Downy woodpecker
Decaying log with Eastern box turtle, chipmunk, and fungus
Red fox and brook trout
Great blue heron

No comments:

Post a Comment